Latest Updates from HorrorHound
January 22nd, 2021:
We hope everyone is safe and well!
Things have been quiet on the convention front, due to the ongoing pandemic and the unknown immediate future of the events industry as a whole. But we have been working hard in the background to assure HorrorHound Weekend returns once the world allows (even if it requires a tedious adjustment period). We have been in constant communication with our convention center, hotels, talent agents, and everyone who helps make events like ours happen – in an effort to determine how we can best proceed with live shows; and while we do not have a clear path laid ahead of us, we do have a more promising outlook on seeing everyone in 2021. But while we firm up what can happen, we wanted to take a moment to release what information we do know:
• Due to restrictions in capacity, celebrity availability, and the volume of limitations in what we are allowed to do at this point in time; physical HHW events will remain postponed until later in 2021. We are discussing options with our convention center and hope to announce TWO physical events later in 2021 – both in Cincinnati. The current plan is to offer a special "Pop-Up" event in July (exact details TBA, as we work them out), while our Cincinnati event will be moved to our already-announced dates of September 10-12th. Anyone with pre-purchased tickets to a prior-planned HHW event will be able to use them at any of our future shows (known dates through 2023 are listed on www.HorrorHoundWeekend.com). *Hotel information will be available in the coming months (blocks have not been made live, so we ask please hold out from trying to book).
• Due to the unknowns revolving around the pandemic, we opted not to plan an Indianapolis show at the Indiana Convention Center for 2021. The sheer size, cost, and work involved in making an event of that scale was too much to hinge on pandemic relief, and we wanted to make our focus and priority to providing an event for our Cincinnati ticket holders. We have a much more clear path to returning to physical events by this Summer, with city and country mandated precautions, and we have no current intentions of straying from our event dates/plans beyond this last postponement. HHW is currently scheduled to return to Indianapolis in 2022.
• Over the weekend of March 19-20th, we will be hosting our third Virtual HorrorHound Weekend event. This ever-evolving virtual event will offer "attendees" the chance to watch a weekend-long live stream of our HorrorHound Film Festival (Spring 2021). Everyone who has an unused, pre-ordered ticket to a physical HHW event will be able to access this weekend-long entertainment for FREE. This is the third time we have made this a bonus option for our ticket holders, as we continue to try bring value to your investment in entertainment. We are thrilled to start promoting this Virtual event, as the volume of submissions for this upcoming show exceeds our prior virtual event – and we have some true quality titles we are thrilled to stream! Additionally, our aim is to package our festival with fun "Blocks" with guest hosts and familiar HHW faces. We will be adding additional Q&As with celebrity guests, mail-in autograph opportunities (thanks to a partnership with Zobie); and more original content that will be exclusive to these online events! Tickets for this virtual event will be available starting Feb 1st as either a "single admission" ticket or a "VIP Bundle" option, which will include an event tee, pin, badge, and other goodies. Again, anyone with an unused ticket to a prior-planned HHW event will be able to access this event for free.
• Virtual HHW events will be a permanent fixture in HorrorHound Weekend's plans for years to come and will occur in partnership with our live events. We want to make this very clear, so there's no confusion in the future when we promote our Virtual content. The evolution of this online event has been exciting and we are eager to start implementing more features, especially when in-person events return later this year. Eventually these virtual events will boast streaming Q&As and content from the physical conventions themselves – to be aired after each show, to allow convention goers a chance to catch anything they missed – and allow those unable to attend to participate in a digital manner!
• We have been hard at work developing new online features – including accessible and manageable online account features for all customers, more digital options for HorrorHound Magazine (which is available via Amazon and Kindle and will soon be expanding into more digital options), and further development of our digital vendor capabilities (initially beta tested in September).
• Vendors who have reserved booth space for a prior HHW will receive an email in the coming weeks with options relating to our next three events.
• Lastly; we are very happy with the way our new HorrorHound Film Festival team has been managing our Spring event – streaming March 19-21st. We want to remind any filmmaker who has a feature or short and wish to submit their film for our Spring festival to visit https://filmfreeway.com/HorrorHoundWeekendFilmFestival – the extended deadline for material is FEBRUARY 1st!
We understand the inconvenience these changes continue to have on everyone's hopes at returning to normalcy and appreciate everyone's understanding as we try and overcome each of these continued obstacles. Our team has worked hard over the last year, building events that have been forced from occurring due to reasons beyond our control. We miss seeing them. We miss seeing all the horror fans who elevate the work that's put into the events. And we look forward to seeing everyone in 2021. Even if it's a little later than we had hoped. Thank you all.
The HorrorHound Family